Students and educators analyze real operational data sets using industry tools, giving students a real-world industrial experience in the classroom and in the lab.
Academic institutions collaborate with industry partners to conduct advanced engineering research.
Students participate in “living labs,” building practical career skills while helping to improve campus efficiency and sustainability.
Participating in the program is easy and secure for industry and academia
- Academic HubPowered by AVEVA Data Hub, the cloud-native industrial data management system, the Academic Hub provides a connective hub for academia and industry to securely and easily collaborate using shared data and common technologies. Using cloud-based Data Hub allows for a minimal on-premise footprint.
Industrial companies who support our mission to help university students build their professional skills are welcome to join our data education community as an industry partner. University faculty, researchers and students are welcome to register online.
- ClassroomEducators collaborate with industry partners to produce curriculum, and industry partners can share their operational data and challenges with us, which we distribute to participating universities securely through the Academic Hub.
- Connected Research
We enable industry to work with academia to drive innovation that supports business goals, enriches academic research, and helps to build the workforce of tomorrow.
Experiential learning in the classroom
Students have a rich, hands-on experience using industry tools to analyze data from real industrial processes as well as their on-campus lab experiments. Students cultivate highly sought-after data skills in preparation for careers in the essential industries.
Accelerating innovation through academic research
We enable collaboration between academic researchers and industry which has led to innovations in areas including microgrids, pharmaceutical operations, distributed energy resources, food and beverage as well as smart campus and smart city.
- Conduct research using industry-standard tools to accelerate the idea-to-market process.
- Form strong industry-academic partnerships.
- Stand out when applying for funding.
- Become a partner and tap the deep expertise of the academic community.
- Get help with your most difficult problems.
- Access a rich pipeline for recruiting new talent with relevant skills and interests.
Driving industry forward with ground-breaking new ideas
Transforming campus operations and creating living labs
Using the PI System to transform university facilities into a living lab, real campus data provides the basis for academic research, enabling a virtuous cycle of innovation and operational improvements that renders the university’s facilities operations more sustainable.