The China National Bluestar (Group) Co, Ltd, a subsidiary of China National Chemical Corporation (ChemChina), has developed rapidly and grown into one of China's most successful chemical companies. The successes has come from:
- sustainable business practices
- meeting customer needs with safer and more environmentally friendly products and services
- constant innovation.
To stay competitive globally, Bluestar purchased the OSIsoft PI System two years ago and has been using it to provide a real-time data infrastructure and collaborative tools for overcoming key challenges.
Chemical companies need secure, efficient, ways to communicate and collaborate across multiple plants and global locations. Bluestar also faces stiff regulatory pressures, merger and acquisition issues, and volatile raw materials and energy costs. This presentation will demonstrate how Bluestar utilizes the PI System to achieve corporate initiatives such as: operational intelligence, equipment reliability, and preventive maintenance by developing "Equipment Dynamic KPIs". The speaker will describe the design and implementation of the four-level equipment dynamic KPIs:
- C-Level (i.e. overall equipment daily output, load, yield and consumption, etc.)
- Director/Manager (i.e. real-time operation situational awareness, etc.)
- Group Lead (i.e. shift performance evaluation and productivity comparison, etc.)
- Engineer (i.e. operation units' health indexes, etc.)
The purpose is to deliver the right data, to the right people, in the right context for the right decision in real-time which is transforming "corporate business strategy" into "plant operations practice" and generating ROIs."
Fengquin Yu works in the Technical & Equipment Office, Department of Planning & Development, for China National Bluestar (Group) Co., Ltd.