A presentation about the Rompetrol Refinery Information System and the OSIsoft products used at Rompetrol. Covers:
- Implementation Steps, an historical presentation
- Overview: System Architecture; Servers and Client Applications
- Data sources and interfaces
- Valuable information through the PI ProcessBook and PI DataLink
- Representative displays and reports with examples
- Sigmafine Rompetrol refinery model with test results
- Future Direction: upgrading the PI system to ensure a PI solution for other sites and also new client applications.
Significance: A PI System can be implemented in a phased manner because of its inherent scalability.
Ana-Maria Ciuculan of Constanta, Romania is the Information Systems Technical Administrator of the Rompetrol Refinery, in the Process Control Department where she is responsible for administration of the refinery’s Real Time PI System, including: maintenance of the PI Server, PI-NET server, and interfaces; updating the database; user support; managing templates for displays and reports, configuration and implementation of their Sigmafine data reconciliation system; updating the database and maintaining the model. She is a Key User for SharePoint 2007. New projects she has undertaken include a PI System upgrade, implementing the PI System at other company sites, and production management applications. Her quality control and management responsibilities include new specification and working procedures, and for collecting, consolidate and reporting QHSE performances of the department. Since joining the company in 2005 she has worked as a Refinery Analyst and Chemist. Ana-Maria has completed her degrees at Law University, Ovidius Constanta (2004); Oil & Gas University, Ovidius Constanta (2005), and a Public Administration Master Program at Constanta (2005). She has taken courses in PI System Manager I: Essential Skills; DeltaV Implementation; and Alarm Management with DeltaV Analyze.