The work product of Process Development (PD) is process knowledge in the form of data. This process knowledge is the foundation of the technology transfer to Manufacturing. Most companies start addressing data management strategy only after Manufacturing is producing product. Manufacturing data strategies typically include the implementation of data historians to monitor data from the plant floor to better regulate and control the process. But why wait until manufacturing has begun?
This presentation outlines the value and rationale for implementing the OSIsoft PI System first in PD:
- Why implementing in PD is strategic and forward thinking
- How to assess what the tipping point is to invest in PD How technology transfer becomes more efficient and effective by leveraging OSIsoft PI System data from PD studies
- How to utilize a phased approach to implement a PI System and ensure continuous progress, with timely milestone accomplishments
- How PI System data can be strategically used in PD to make faster and more confident data analysis
- Benefit of integrating discrete and streaming data in PI System for comprehensive process data analysis
- How to analyze PD processes to create a supporting business case for PI System