2020 - OSIsoft PI World San Francisco - Process Industries
Mining & Metals Q&A Session - PI System as the foundation of Data Science platform [Newcrest]
How we developed the platform for deployment of machine learning at Newcrest and the role of PI Systems within that architecture.Our presentation illustrates our successful project implement AI and IoT technologies at Australia’s largest underground, block cave mine to monitor and manage crushed ore bin levels. The soft sensor delivered a return in investment within the first three months of operation.
- The role of PI System in Newcrest IoT Edge platform architecture, as well as Enterprise Data Lake
- Using PI System data for near-real time data science models whose outputs are used in control strategy (Coarse Ore Bin Softsensor use case study )
- Using PI AF to monitor and report on bsuiness benefits of a runtime model - (Coarse Ore Bin Softsensor use case study)
Related case study: Microsoft online publication https://news.microsoft.com/en-au/features/newcrest-minings-ai-and-iot-transformation-3-month-roi/
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Food & Beverage
- Metals Mining & Materials
Newcrest Mining Ltd
Specialist in driving business improvement through digital transformation initiatives. More than 20 years experience in implementation and integration of software solutions in complex industrial IT environments, from Automation and Manufacturing Execution Systems to IoT and SaaS/PaaS solutions for asset performance and operations management. Currently Lead Architect for Operational Applications in Newcrest Mining, tasked with simplification and standardisation of mining application portfolio. Prior to this role, spent two years developing solution architecture framework to support data science initiatives at Newcrest, including the development of the IoT Edge archirecture utilising PI data for running machine learning algorythms whose outputs are used in process optimisation and predicting asset failure.