Attendees at this session will learn the strategies used by leaders at Alcoa, SunCoke Energy and Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) that helped them get approval for an Enterprise Wide approach to implementing the PI System Infrastructure across their organizations. This presentation will briefly highlight the services included in an Enterprise Agreement (EA) with OSIsoft and then focus on a directed discussion with panelists who played a key role in getting the EA approved within their company. There will also be a Q&A session between the audience and the panelist. The directed discussion with the panelist will include possible starting points of what might have gotten their company to the decision point for an EA and what factors played a role in tipping the balance for an EA. Questions/topics may include:
- Were there key pivotal milestones?
- How embedded was the PI System infrastructure previous to the EA and what was the perceived value of it?
- Was there a PI System champion involved?
- How did you get executive management involved?
- Risk reduction
- OSIsoft as a strategic partner
- Sustainability needs
The panel will be hosted by Carolyn Przybylski (Director, Center of Excellence) and Diane Bricco (Team Lead, Enterprise Project Management).
The panel participants are:
- Lance Fountaine: Manager, GPM Manufacturing Solutions for Alcoa
- Scott Larson - IT Systems Analyst for SunCoke Energy
- Michael Greenhalgh – Project Manager, Smart Grid Core Team for SMUD
Carolyn Przybylski (Director, Center of Excellence) started working with OSIsoft in December 2007. The Center of Excellence provides guidance to Enterprise customers, utilizing PI/Industry/Technology expertise and consulting to focus on the customer’s projects and ensure the customers gain the most practical use and value of their PI infrastructure. Prior to joining OSIsoft, Carolyn worked in the Chemical Industry as a Process Automation Control Engineer, IT Manufacturing Systems Engineer and PI System Administrator.