PERTAMINA is Indonesia’s state gas & oil company whose main purpose is to ensure a secure supply of fuel products at competitive prices throughout the archipelago. We operate 6 refineries with a total capacity of 1 million barrels/day, 145 Depots, 134 Vessels and over 3400 fuel stations. It is essential for PERTAMINA to be able to have an integrated view of real time data from crude procurement all the way to secondary distribution. PERTAMINA decided to build a Downstream Control Room in order to have a comprehensive view of all planning and operations data. This talk will describe the design, data integration, software development and hardware selection for the Downstream Control Room project. Utilization of PI modules is emphasized, especially its integration with other data sources.
DATA INTEGRATION & SOFTWARE: PERTAMINA currently uses SAP as our ERP system. SAP IS-OIL Module has been implemented throughout our downstream sectors. PERTAMINA also uses other specific software which needs to be integrated with SAP data:
- Real time system in refineries: OSIsoft PI, Honeywell’s PHD and Yokogawa ExaQuantum
- Tank Gauging System in Refineries and Depots: Toyo-Kanetsu, Dresser, Rosemount etc.
- Real time GPS data for Shipping and Truck Monitoring.
- Trading Systems: Allegro
- Planning data: Haverly Systems, customized scheduling tools
All of these data must be available in the control room. PI modules are used extensively to create a single view of the data. Specific SAP data is also integrated with PI in order to facilitate real time view and historical data analysis.
BENEFITS: The Downstream Control Room has been operational for one year, and is used by all related divisions: Refining, Integrated Supply Chain, Distribution and Marketing. It is widely accepted by the users and the following benefits realized:
- Single integrated view of data across entire downstream supply chain
- Quick historical “look-back” analysis - Significant reduction in “out of stocks” events.
- Faster response to supply chain disruptions.
- Ability to compare “plan” vs “actual” - Removing “silos”, working in an integrated manner.