Edge Data Store
Edge Data Store (EDS) is industrial IoT software. It lets you collect, store, and access operations data from remote assets in harsh environments. Or from legacy assets with limited diagnostic capabilities. EDS helps industrial organizations run safer and smarter with expanded access to data from previously stranded assets.
How EDS works
EDS provides lightweight data input, storage, and output. Get access to the hard-to-capture data you've always wanted.
- Configure out-of-the-box connectivity
Connect to common industrial protocols or create custom connectivity with the easy-to-use OSIsoft Message Format specification.
- Store data locally
Protect your data even if you lose connectivity for days at a time.
- Deploy edge diagnostics and applications
Easily access locally stored data to create custom diagnostic or edge analytics applications. Empower field operators to make on-the-spot decisions.
- Send data to the cloud or your PI Server for a holistic view
Send edge data natively to OCS or PI Server for long-term storage. Give engineers and managers visibility into end-to-end operations. With EDS, it’s “easy come, easy go”—in a good way.
Edge Data Store capabilities
- Visibility into remote assets
Sometimes assets are located in environments that are too rough or too remote for traditional computers. EDS provides rugged data collection, storage, and forwarding to give you visibility into these hard-to-reach-assets. Protect employees by reducing the need for manual, in-person inspections. Increase operational efficiency while minimizing the cost and effort of edge data management.
- Persistent local storageNo connectivity? No problem. With persistent local storage, EDS can keep collecting and storing data even in environments with intermittent connectivity or extended outages. Send EDS data to PI Server or OCS for permanent storage once the connection is restored. Even days later.
- Real-time intelligence at the edgeEmpower operators at the edge with real-time data. No need to wait for queries from a central data repository. REST APIs pull data from EDS into local visualization tools or custom applications that help field engineers make fast, data-driven decisions. Protect assets. Reduce downtime.
- Maximum flexibility for IIoT network architecturesEDS improves visibility for not only remote assets, but also any sensor or device outside your primary control network. Companies can now create a two-tier network architecture that gathers control data in PI Server and gathers IIoT data in EDS. Data from this segmented network is natively integrated into PI Server or OCS for end-to-end holistic visibility. No need for cumbersome VPNs.
- Retrofit legacy assets for smarter maintenanceLegacy assets continue to run in the field. But their on-board electronics are often too old to support cutting-edge diagnostic and edge analytics. By installing EDS on a low-cost IIoT gateway, you can breathe new life into legacy assets. Deploy diagnostic and maintenance applications. Conduct repairs only when they are needed. Minimize downtime and business disruptions.
See EDS in action
How Rolloos used OSIsoft's Edge Data Store to improve safety on offshore rigs.