Linde Engineering: Remote monitoring and data sharing in the cloud with OCS
- FASTER TIME-TO-MARKETOCS enables Linde Engineering to quickly and easily setup real-time remote monitoring and advanced diagnostics capabilities for its customers.
- INCREASED DATA SECURITYOCS offers guaranteed security and simple, flexible configuration. With its advanced multi-tenant approach, OCS allows Linde Engineering to securely monitor and analyze every client’s data without commingling information.
- MORE FLEXIBLE DATA EXCHANGEOCS streamlines and simplifies data exchange with its highly scalable and accessible model. Since a number of Linde Engineering’s customers already use the PI System™, OCS made it that much easier for Linde Engineering to gain access to client data sources.
Linde Engineering uses OCS to improve customer plant performance
Linde Engineering offers maintenance consulting services, including:
- Real-time equipment monitoring
- Troubleshooting guidance
- Efficiency improvement services using digital twins
As part of its consulting services, Linde Engineering installs field sensors and provides edge devices and cloud connectivity services to its customers. Together, these tools stream customer operations data to Linde Engineering for remote analysis. Linde Engineering uses the data from the sensors and edge devices to populate its proprietary anomaly detection algorithms and dashboards. From there, Linde Engineering’s team of experts can remotely run analyses and offer insights to improve customer plant performance.
In 2020, Linde Engineering deployed OCS as part of its mission to enhance plant lifecycle productivity and streamline internal processes. In just a short time, OCS became instrumental in enabling rapid and secure remote operations monitoring services and data exchange between Linde Engineering and its customers.
Now, Linde Engineering is using its existing tool set, including artificial intelligence AI, and thermodynamic analysis in conjunction with OCS. This comprehensive solution enables Linde Engineering engineers to collaborate with remote customers to:
- Analyze operations data to identify anomalies
- Predict maintenance needs
- Determine optimal settings
Recently, Linde Engineering expanded its offerings to include an IIoT platform. The IIoT platform currently has several applications, including motor monitoring and energy invoice analysis, with more in development. As Linde Engineering has continued to expand its service offerings, it became increasingly clear that the company needed to focus on its domain expertise. Linde Engineering has mastered sensor installation, algorithms, and customer recommendations, but it was clear the company needed a partner to efficiently and securely bring each client data from the edge to the cloud. “It was critical to refocus our activities on configuring a best-in-class out-of-the-box platform instead of building an IoT infrastructure on our own again and again,” said Oliver Slaby, head of IT plant operations at Linde Engineering.
OCS enables rapid, secure data sharing using a multi-tenant approach
The future is in the cloud
For more information about Linde Engineering and OSIsoft Cloud Services, watch the full presentation here.