As 2019 comes to a close, we're reflecting on some of the biggest moments for OSIsoft in 2019:
1. The announcement of OSIsoft's new Executive Team: Michael Siemer joined as the company's new President, Wolfgang Kuchen came on-board as the new SVP of Sales, Marketing, and Business Development, Rónán de Hooge as the Senior Vice President (SVP) of Engineering, Kimthu Doan as Senior Vice President of Customer Success, and Bob Guilbault as Senior Vice President of Operations.
Check out Michael and Wolfgang's Interview with Control Design on the state of the industry.
2. PI World San Francisco and PI World Gothenburg both brought forth outstanding customer presentations about how the PI System is enabling their digital transformation.
5 Exciting Developments from PI World 2019.
Read: PI World Gothenburg: Think Big.
3. PI Vision 2019 was officially released, with some major enhancements, making OSIsoft's flagship data visualization tool even better. For instance, at the end of 2019, we released the PI ProcessBook to PI Vision Migration Utility, making it seamless for users to migrate their visualizations over to the new system. Learn all about PI Vision, what's on the horizon, and how others are using it here.
4. The release of OSIsoft Cloud Services, which enables organizations to share data in real time via cloud technology. OSIsoft Cloud Services are designed to meet today's digital transformation needs by connecting real-time data from the PI System to people, analytics, and applications for companies to realize the full value of their data. Check out the 10 things you need to know about OCS here.
5. Expanded partnerships with Alizent and Maya Heat Transfer Technologies Ltd , both of which are helping OSIsoft to change the way that operations are carried out. Alizent enables industries to improve their operating model by combining deep data know-how with industrial process knowledge. The Datacenter Clarity LC from Maya Heat Transfer is powered by the OSIsoft PI System and provides a robust data center infrastructure management solution.
Learn more about Alizent here and Maya Heat Transfer here.
In addition to these major company milestones, we were honored to have so many customers share their stories with us, international publications recognize us, and employees write about us.
In 2019, we were named the #1 IoT Platform for Industrial Applications by the Europe 2019 PAC Radar Report from teknowlogy group. We published numerous whitepapers, including those on Shell's Journey to Digital Transformation, the ARC Insights Report on Merck moving to a new Continuous Drug Manufacturing Process, and on Finding the ROI in Digital Transformation (view those and more here).
We also shared customer stories from industry leaders such as Toyota, ArcelorMittal, and General Atomics Aeronautical Systems. We published videos about what we do and why we do it, in addition to videos about our latest products and updates. We're proud to have had contributions in major publications such as TechTarget and Forbes, and to have helped so many amazing firms tell their story on the PI World Stage.
2019 was truly a monumental year for OSIsoft, filled with unprecedented growth. With the addition of 217 new employees, the organization has grown in both size and capability, and we look forward to continuing that momentum in 2020.