AGL is continuing its real-time data journey empowered by OSI Soft and the Enterprise Agreement. AGL has now built its Operational Technology Platform with OSI PI at its heart. Its Operation Diagnostics Centre is mature and adding massive value. Now AGL is developing its own solutions for thermodynamic performance optimisation and wind yield optimisation, that will be built using only OSI PI technology. Hear our story of how these capabilities have been developed and deployed, and the positive affects our business has experienced.
David Bartolo has an Electrical Engineering background and has been part of the in the Australian Electrical Energy industry for 22 years. He is currently Head of Asset Performance at Australian Gas Light (AGL). This division is the owner / operator of over 10,000 MW of generation assets. The portfolio includes steam turbine (gas and coal fired), gas turbine, hydro, wind and utility sized solar electricity generation technologies. The team is focussed on driving value outcomes in five main areas:
• New Operational Diagnostics Centre (including PI data system)
• Operational IT network management and support
• Asset performance reporting and analysis
• Maintenance Optimisation (including standardised work flow, maintenance strategy development program and reliability framework)
• Governance, development and delivery of Operational Technology Solutions