Information workers at all levels want to visualize and analyze PI System data in their familiar Microsoft Office® applications so they can take advantage of the features available in Microsoft’s Office® 2010 suite of applications, including SharePoint® 2010, Microsoft Excel® 2010 and PowerPivot in conjunction with PI data. Users want to see the data that is meaningful to them along with the tools they need to make decisions.
The power of PI client applications and data access components—combined with enabling Microsoft technologies—provides users with sophisticated, actionable displays of operational and business data.
PI for Office 2010 is a package from OSIsoft that pairs with the recent release of Microsoft Office® 2010 components. The OSIsoft package includes the software and licensing needed for one named user to take advantage of the offerings from Microsoft. Specifically,
- PI WebParts 2010 and PI DataLink Server 2010 pair with Microsoft SharePoint® 2010
- PI OLEDB Enterprise 2010 pairs with Microsoft’s PowerPivot for SharePoint® by providing data access to the PI System for Business Intelligence solutions
- PI OLEDB Enterprise 2010 also pairs with Microsoft’s PowerPivot for Excel® 2010
- PI DataLink 2010 pairs with Microsoft Excel® 2010
- The PI System Access license (PSA) supports PI System access for one named user for the PI OLEDB Enterprise data access component or any other PI Data Access component.