Integrate business and operational systems to connect employees, business partners, suppliers, markets, and customers. With a trusted, agile, and visible infrastructure from OSIsoft, decision makers within manufacturing enterprises and utilities worldwide are empowered to address key business challenges, including:
- Asset performance
- Enterprise Visibility
- Operations Performance
- PI Infrastructure
The PI System® enables asset performance improvements by allowing people to:
- Create condition- and calendar-based maintenance systems for equipment and assets.
- Implement predictive warning systems that send alerts to facilitate fast response to potential production or equipment problems.
- Develop performance trending and analysis systems to determine each asset’s maximum reliable capacity.
Manufacturers streamline and confirm compliance by using the PI System to:
- Automate regulatory agency documentation and reporting while improving accuracy.
- Establish emissions monitoring and reporting systems, serving as the data repository for environmental reporting and compliance.
- Integrate business systems and operational data, streamlining regulatory monitoring and reporting.
- Provide the system-of-record and audit trails for Pharmaceutical and Life Science reporting
- Provide data for NERC and FERC compliance
A PI System® infrastructure provides the foundation for energy efficiency programs, collecting and presenting the energy consumption data needed to identify, justify, and quantify energy conservation opportunities throughout the enterprise:
- Consolidate energy data into a single, reliable source that is accessible anytime.
- Automate and monitor real-time energy usage within plants using exception-based policies and benchmarks, and make automatic corrective adjustments.
- Integrate real-time energy data into a corporate portal to balance the load distribution across the value chain and identify non-peak pricing opportunities.
With many manufacturers confronting an aging work force, PI System® collaboration tools and historical data are key means to ensure sustainability and the transfer of knowledge and experience throughout the enterprise.
Manufacturers can efficiently collect, analyze, and store mission-critical information in a secure data repository, empowering the enterprise to:
- Combine real-time production data with existing financial and operations systems to implement and simplify electronic order entry, electronic order tracking, and electronic invoicing systems.
- Store historical and real-time data and events in a central repository for quick and easy access by both internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop an extensive analysis resources library so that workers can quickly access and reuse past solution successes to solve new problems.
By contrasting historical and current conditions with the PI System®, manufacturers can optimize production processes, increase yields, and empower their people to:
- Reduce time between grade transitions
- Increase process repeatability and quality
- Provide role-based, real-time operational data and event information to track mission-critical production activities.
- Reduce the marginal “Cost of Curiosity” — with real time and historical data readily available, potential process improvements are quickly and easily evaluated.
The PI System can create a vital infrastructure for collecting, managing, analyzing, and presenting operational, business, event and real time data:
- Bring together, compare, and contrast data from isolated sources across the enterprise, fostering innovation and creative solutions;
- Standardize and centralize that data and make it accessible across the enterprise;Empower solutions beyond first implementation — an infrastructure is available to address any challenge;
The PI System® facilitates efficient and pervasive quality control systems through:
- Complete historical quality measurement records;
- Real-time quality monitoring and reporting systems with out-of-spec alerts;
- Combining real-time quality records with financial, incoming material, asset performance, and other operational data to create predictive and price/performance quality models.
Explore more of the many ways the PI System can empower manufacturing enterprises to address challenges in…
Oil & Gas
Chemicals & Petrochemicals
Materials, Mines, Metals & Metallurgy
Pharmaceuticals, Food & Life Sciences
Pulp & Paper
Power & Utilities
Critical Facilities, Data Centers & IT