OSIsoft is pleased to announce the release of PI Server 2010 R3. This release of the PI Server includes enhancements to the six core capabilities of the PI System: collect, historize, find, analyze, deliver and visualize. This release is focused on providing better ways to find data. Read below for more information on how this release will benefit users.
- The PI Server service pack provides the most stable, reliable and secure version of the PI Server. This is a cumulative service pack that includes many critical fixes and minor functional enhancements. This release is highly recommended for all customers. For more information on PI Server, visit the PI Server product page.
- With this new release of PI Asset Framework (PI AF), PI Clients such as PI Coresight will experience a much faster search of the PI AF asset structure. This release also includes fixes and performance enhancements.
- This first release of PI Event Frames is ideal for those who write applications to generate and consume these events. Included with this release are the database, programmatic access via PI AF SDK, and basic configuration tools in PI System Explorer and PI AF Builder. PI Event Frames helps you find your data by significant business or process events, such as downtimes, startups, batches, grades and more. For more information on PI AF or PI Event Frames, visit the PI AF product page.
- The new release of PI SDK provides several new capabilities for the PI System:
- With this release, PI SDK allows buffering data when writing to the PI Server while disconnected, as well as fanning the same data when writing to High Availability PI Collective using PI Clients such as PI Manual Logger or PI DataLink. PI SDK also provides higher overall data throughput from PI Clients such as PI WebParts, especially in WAN environments.
- In addition, PI SDK now includes PI Buffer Subsystem, which provides more reliable buffering for PI Interfaces, as well as support for PI SDK buffering and Windows security with custom interfaces.
- This latest release of PI Data Access offers improved performance with PI OLEDB Enterprise, PI JDBC Driver and PI Web Services. PI Data Access also allows buffering data when writing to the PI Server while disconnected, as well as fanning the same data when writing to a High Availability PI Collective using the classic PI OLEDB Provider, PI JDBC Driver, or PI Web Services. These PI Data Access releases will be available later in Q4 2011. For more information on PI SDK or PI Data Access, visit the PI Data Access product page.
- PI Notifications has been optimized to require only one datastream per notification. This enables users to further expand their PI Notifications usage with their existing PI System. For more information on PI Notifications, visit the PI Notifications product page.
Ready to upgrade? Visit the My Products section of the Tech Support website.