2011 - Regional Seminar - India
Applying The PI System For Improving Process Condition & Process Optimization
This presentation focuses on the use of the PI System by UltraTech Cement units and describes development of applications for the process-specific requirements of a cement plant. UltraTech Cement will describe how PI System is used for Condition Monitoring, Quality Parameters Monitoring and various Performance and Counter reports.
Materials Mines Metals & Metallurgy
Prasad Shinde, the central PI administrator at Ultratech cement ltd, Mumbai Head Office.
His key responsibilities includes,
- Implementing PI servers across all UltraTech Cement plants for real time data.
- Administrating the PI servers at all units.
- Customization & implementation of PI reports, doing analysis & hence process optimization.
- Improvement in instrumentation maintenance system.
- Analysis for instrumentation breakdowns & coordinating with plant personnel for improvement in breakdowns.